Introduction to the WebUtil Module
The WebUtil module provides code that support higher-level web server operations.
To use this module, use
"%requires WebUtil" in your code.
All the public symbols in the module are defined in the WebUtil namespace
- TextTemplateBase: the base class for all Program containers for template programs where text is rendered from templates made up of mixed Qore and text
- FileTemplate: models a single template based on a real file on the filesystem and provides compilation and rendering support for the template; supports recompiling on the fly if the file's modification time changes
- TemplateFileManager: manages templates based on real files on the filesystem, uses FileTemplate to store the templates and render output; uses efficient locking to safely handle multiple concurrent requests
- StaticTemplateManager: manages mixed Qore and text templates that are rendered to generate a final file; useful for HTML rendering for example
- FileHandler: a class for serving files from the file system anchored at a particular URL; also uses TemplateFileManager to automatically manage any template files found; supports automatic compilation of and rendering from template files
- added logic to the default file serving code to determine if the file is a binary or text file from the MIME type
- the initial version of the WebUtil module